Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Precipitation equals job security…

Well, I can be the first one to tell you that Insurance never sleeps. While all of you were nestled all snug in your beds Monday morning, I was on the road at 6:15 a.m. driving to work. While I love cold weather, I really hate ice. I love snow, but in Oklahoma, one day of snow equals 3 days of ice. 2 days of cold rain and night time temps at 29 degrees equals 5 days of ice.

In some aspects, it’s good. I know this sounds bad, but the more accidents that occur, the more secure my job is. Here is my question…Do I feel bad for the idiots in their SUV’s, Suburban’s, and Trucks when they slide off the road and cause damage to their vehicles? My answer…NO! 4 wheel drive does not mean, “My vehicle is impervious to ice”.

Jessica and I are without power right now. Last night, Jessica added 4 blankets to the bed and flannel pillow cases. She made a very comfy bed. We bought candles and batteries for flashlights. We have plenty of firewood for the fireplace and good friends that have offered their house if worse comes to worst! We were lying in bed last night and Jessica said, “this is kinda fun…it won’t be tomorrow, but right now it is.” I was thinking “yeah, this is fun, but wait till the house is 20 degrees in the morning, and then we’ll talk”. I hope Faith is OK and keeping herself warm under all the blankets.

At work right now, we are running solely off generators. Half the building does not have power and the other half is overloaded with people from upstairs. It is a load of fun…like I said earlier, Insurance never sleeps.

Hopefully we get power sometime soon and ICE STORM 2007 will be behind us!!

1 comment:

Derek said...

Precipitation does equal job security. Snow and ice = falls and broken hips = patients