Sunday, August 26, 2007

My weekend

Friday afternoon I packed up and headed out to Missouri for a fun weekend with Jessica’s Grandpa. I had told him a few months ago that I would take him up to St. Louis to go to their travel and transportation museum. I decided to leave around noon on Friday to beat out the OKC to Tulsa traffic and the storms that were moving in.

I arrived in Springfield around 4:30 and was greeted with Grandpa in the garage cleaning it out. After helping him stretch to put things away, it was time to get a bite for dinner. We went to Western Sizzlin, (Sizzlin Steakhouse) as Grandpa calls it. We had a nice evening, just hanging out and talking.

Grandpa and I wake up and leave the house around 7:30 Saturday and begin the drive to St. Louis. We end up getting there around 11:30 and go into the museum. Boy did Grandpa have a good time. We were there about 3 hours and drove back. Had another nice evening at the house.

Woke up this morning and started driving back around 7:30 this morning to have a day at the house and rest before beginning work next work.

Well, it has been a while since I have seen Jessica. The next time I see Jessica, it will have been a week. She has been traveling a lot lately for work. She will be back on Thursday night and is going to have a 4 day weekend next week.

My B-day is in 2 weeks! I will have a busy birthday weekend. Birthday on Friday and Golf tournaments on Saturday and Sunday. I know, I know…but someone’s gotta do it!

Have a good week!

3 comments:

not so zen momma said...

Didn't mention how old you will be... 30 and over the hill!

Elizabeth said...

Be proud old man! We'll still love you when you start to go bald in about 6 months.

Pam said...

You're so sweet, John! I love that you hang out with Grandpa. Don't worry... 30's not that old. Although, Todd turned 30 this summer and he's been falling apart ever since. Maybe 30 is old.